Fuji Pro V / ChemFree / Agfa Solution?

hagar

Anyone on here using these plates yet? I have been involved in a couple of conversions of devices for these plates, just wondering if any one using them had any thoughs on them since they started using them. Only feedback I have heard is placing the plates in the processor quickly is more critical

Anyone have any news on when Agfa's plate will be on general release

We using the new Agfa Azura TS plate. As we are a bureau I went and saw some of our new plates being used on different presses i.e GTO 52 2 colour 10,000 process colour no problems at all MO two colour problems were image disappearing but it was damage to the back of the plates on the cylinder of MO causing the plate to be raised similar to letterpress but only very minimal but enough to remove the image in about 50 spots on most of the MO plates I saw even on plates that were done conventionally before CTP. Just bad press maintenance. GTO46 no probs with plates and most of the operators said it would speed up their production on the GTO46 because of not having to make the plates from film. Still waiting on results from a SORD two press that does a lot or carton work.

Rod

just upgraded to new TS here - no problems at all whatsoever no siree - just had superb run lengths out of some plates too - 179k impressions

Running the Azura Ts for over a year and previously ran the Azura for three years. Love them both! Currently running them on 20 x 28 Komori Lithrone 5 color>

I was wondering more about the Violet Agfa chem free / low chem plate. Undertand the newspapers have at the moment, but no one else

I've done some test work with what might be called Azura V if/when it gets released to the commercial market. No insight into why the delay as it was pre-Drupa that we ran a series of tests on a HighWater Python Violet CtP system with Agfa's development "N-93" "chem-free" plate.

The results on plate looked very good, arguably better than their chemical processed violet plate, of course as Fuji have been first to confess just before launching Pro-V, this type of technology is really "low chem" rather than chem free, but the chemical is much less aggressive and doesn't oxidise and need replenishing to keep it working so it is a greener solution.

Meanwhile Fuji's Pro-V is now commercially available (since June) and they're merrily converting accounts to the low chem plate, results I've seen on this plate look even better with a very high addressable resolution and specs claiming full 1-99% dot reproduction at 200lpi.

Andrew

I can see that this thread is years old, but I am planning to convert from LP-NV to Pro-V plates. Do you have any experience how to convert using my existing Heights FLP1260 processor? Or it just need to remove watter and gum, replace developer and go with it?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back