Fusion Pro / Xerox 700 with Freeflow

xcelprint

This is probably a simple fix but I am lost...

When running variable data jobs, simple variable data jobs like nothing more than addressee info, my files take forever to rip and start printing. Not sure what I should change but I can't believe this is normal.

I am building the variable data as a pdf in Fusion Pro and sending it to a Xerox 700 with Freeflow.

Example:
Today's job is 3500 pieces with black ink variable data only on the addressee. It is 4/4 for the rest of the copy. It is run 2 up. The only way I could get the job to print is to run the 4/4 and then come back and run the variable data addresses on a second run (they rip and run quickly).

Thanks for your comments,
Neal

Make it a PPML file and it will rip very quickly . . . but you won't be able to preview it without special software . . . but it makes a huge speed difference . .. :)

Thanks dabob. I will give that a try (assuming I can make a ppml file) I am new to this digital stuff.

In the compose box in Fusion there is a pull down that defaults to PDF click on it and it will let you choose PPML which makes a .zip file . . . just send it to the 700 the same way you would a pdf - works great - but you have to be sure that it's all correct since there is no preview - there are palm viewers available just google "PPML viewer"

Thanks again. One more question...
I have FusionPro 7.0 but want to move it to another computer (Mac OS X) and I found out I need to upgrade to FusionPro version 9.3. I wonder what type of improvements have been made from 7.0 to 9.3?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back