Fusion Pro

Happyprinter

Just want to get feedback on Fusion Pro. Is anyone using it and how are you liking it? Were looking a purchasing it for our VDP and just want some input. Thanks

I've been using FusionPro Desktop for about two years now and I love it. The best part is the price, a tiny shop like me could actual afford it. Saying that, I'm sure there are better solutions out there. But I doubt you'll find one that can do imposition too, for the same price. The only thing I wish it had is hot folders for the imposition. I have a crap load of templates. Craig (on this forum) uses it and speaks just as well about it.

I've also been using FP for a couple years. It is very powerful and a lot of value for the money. I just wish it was easier to use for those of us who are not JavaScripters.

Just want to get feedback on Fusion Pro. Is anyone using it and how are you liking it? Were looking a purchasing it for our VDP and just want some input. Thanks

PSLenvelopeMaker can not only do envelopes but any size sheet. It has limitations but can be a powerful alternative to FP especially if you're doing heavy graphics. Its about the same price point as FP.

You can download an evaluation copy at http://www.jetletter.net/products/envelope-maker

If you'd like a non-watermarked version I'll supply any PrintPlanet printer with a 30 day key for the asking.

We use FusionPro and it has been good. I agree that the javascripting rules are a pain if you haven't done it.

DesignMerge

DesignMerge

We use FusionPro and it has been good. I agree that the javascripting rules are a pain if you haven't done it.

The DesignMerge rules module is completely menu driven. There is no need to know how to write java in order to use our software. If you are more of a power user, we do offer a scripting module to automate your merging process.

DesignMerge Rules Module

if you have questions, please feel free to email me [email protected]

We've been using FP for a couple of years and like it very well. As others have said, occasionally one must invoke java in order to achieve certain functions but beyond that, it's great.

The imposition software is easy to use and setup, barcode support is nice (especially for doing some of mail-related barcodes like the newer intelligent mail), and something we've recently used is its variable pie chart feature (though not as extensive as the feature set in Excel).

For the $700-$800 price tag, it's worth it.

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

I know nothing about javascripters will I have trouble with FP? What impose features can FP perform? I am looking for a program to handle booklet making and creep. Dont want to buy 2 programs if FP can handle both vdp and impose.

I know nothing about javascripters will I have trouble with FP?

You won't have trouble per se, but there are some things that require scripting. Pretty much depends on what kind of things you are doing with variable data. If you are just addressing postcards and your data files are pristine, you probably won't need to delve into the JavaScripting too much, if ever. But as soon as you stray from very simple and basic VDP you can't avoid it. The nice thing is FP has a very active online forum and it is frequented by a few JavaScript experts who are always willing to help out, including FP employees.

What impose features can FP perform? I am looking for a program to handle booklet making and creep. Dont want to buy 2 programs if FP can handle both vdp and impose.
It will handle booklet making. Not sure about creep - I'll check it out Monday at work and get back to you.

Keith and all,

We offer a hot folder based automated imposition solution that will further automate your Fusion Pro setup and also do the impositions for all your print jobs, through hot folders.

Impostrip On Demand Econo is $990, for the complete solution, MAC or WINDOWS.

If you want a free time limited trial license for Free, send me an email.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics
raymond @ imposition.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back