Getting Preps to put Prinergy Evo's Job field on the imposition

dwanehollands

Hi there,

Trying to get the job field data (in Prinergy Evo job initial dialog box) to show up on my Preps imposition templates as a part of a slugline.

If I use $Jobname it returns Evo.job

Basically we want to hinge all our file renaming in evo from the Job field, so our:

# CIP3 files start with jobnumber_SIG_SIDE.extension (eg. 123456_1A.SC3)
# TIFF Files for output start with jobnumber_SIG_SIDE_SEP.extension (eg. 123456_1A_Cyan.TIF)
# VPS Proofs have jobnumber_SIG_SIDE_SEP.extention (eg. 123456_1A_C.VPS)
# Our printed signatures have jobnumber_SIG_SIDE (123456_1A) on them for cross referencing with everything else.

If I use the ${JOB}code that the Prinergy Evo documentation says I just get ${JOB} on my press sheet plus my signature number and side letter (${JOB}_1A).

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks.

P.S. Where I have curly brackets I'm actually referring to square brakets. I used the square brackets first, but it convert JOB into a URL pointing to printplanet.com/discuss. lol.

Prinergy 4.0.6.5
Preps 5.2

Edited by: Dwane Hollands on Jun 5, 2008 3:34 PM

Edited by: Dwane Hollands on Jun 5, 2008 3:38 PM

Re: Getting Preps to put Prinergy Evo's Job field on the imposition

Hi There
We had the same problem getting Job info on plates. After a lot of head scratching I finally came across the solution on the Kodak site. If you are wanting the text from the first box then you wil need to use $[PROCESSNAME] and not $[jobname]. Iknow its confusing but Preps doesnt seem to work the same with Evo like it did with Brisque.
Hope this helps

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your reply. I tried using the $PROCESSNAME parameter, but all it brings up is $PROCESSNAME on the plate now instead.

What Kodak site did you find the info on? Do you have a link? I can't seem to find a knowledgebase on the new Kodak site. Only the user forum, which there's no Prinergy forum.

Hi Dwane
Sounds like your output process may not be set correctly, you need to go into configure processes and change your naming convention to custom naming. Im actually at home right now but I will screenshot the settings on monday for you and send them to you.
The Kodak site I use is Ecentral , you have to register with Kodak with your site number and they will send you a username and password for the site login. There are lots of knowledge bases and also patches and updates.
Watch this thread for more info.
Regards
Julian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back