Prinergy EVO - Preps problem

magnetas

Hey guys,

Did someone of you had a problem like this: when you are taking the pdf's exported from Indesign using like a "high quality print" or pdf-x, you end up in errors, like "Error Unable to load Preps job: C:\Program Files\Kodak\Prinergy Evo 4.0.6.7\dynamic_data\processes\ee1cc202-42f8-46de-90fd-8670915d0aec\Preps-1\Evo.job. Preps message: The referenced file cannot be processed. The pages in the file will be excluded..". It seems there is a problem with Preps, but I cannot figure out where.
That is totally destroying my nerves:D
Tried a manual pjtf, same problemo.

Did you guys had this problem?
Could you please email me about that at [email protected], would be great..

Hi, I've seen something similar, I think it's due to transparencies in the pdf file. What kind of pdf-x do you use?
Try to flat them (pdfx-1a or Acrobat 4 compatible) and all should work again without problems.
Let us know!

G.

possible simple answer

possible simple answer

Hey guys,

Did someone of you had a problem like this: when you are taking the pdf's exported from Indesign using like a "high quality print" or pdf-x, you end up in errors, like "Error Unable to load Preps job: C:\Program Files\Kodak\Prinergy Evo 4.0.6.7\dynamic_data\processes\ee1cc202-42f8-46de-90fd-8670915d0aec\Preps-1\Evo.job. Preps message: The referenced file cannot be processed. The pages in the file will be excluded..". It seems there is a problem with Preps, but I cannot figure out where.
That is totally destroying my nerves:D
Tried a manual pjtf, same problemo.

Did you guys had this problem?
Could you please email me about that at [email protected], would be great..

I had this same problem with a job and did everything I could think of to fix it. But, it truned out the problem was in the job title. Check and make sure you have not used any of the illegal figures, such as a comma. That was what caused our problems.

hey!:D

thanx for your answer! and yes, i think that is a trasparency problem, due to evo version - i must get updates for it, that is fixed with a newer version of it.:)
that thing is happening not only with pdf-x.
well, it is kinda a pain, but i must flatten manually - we print lots of newspapers, so..:)
i will make some more serious tests and keep it posted.
and once again, thanx guys. you are a great help.

I had this same problem with a job and did everything I could think of to fix it. But, it truned out the problem was in the job title. Check and make sure you have not used any of the illegal figures, such as a comma. That was what caused our problems.

i don't use any illegal stuff in the jobtitle - it is just like a short word with a name of the stuff which will be printed.:)
but hey guys, if that could also cause a problem - thanx for telling about it!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back