Printing Preps Imposition into Prinergy - Error - Help

InvisSoul

So I recently did a security update in my Mac. I'm running Tiger OS 10.4.11. The security update was 2009-005.

When I try and print my preps over to Prinergy I get the error of...

"Quote:
Could not find a particular network file share.[1007004]

If Workshop is running on a Macintosh, there may be an AppleTalk configuration problem on the server to which you are trying to connect. On an NT server, use regedit.exe to check that the AppleTalk zone is properly set. (Check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/AppleTalk/Parameters/DesiredZone.)"

Its only happening on my Mac. The other two systems are fine one is running Leopard and the other system is the same OS (10.4.11) as mine but has not done the security update.

Can someone help with this. I've tried the knowledgebase and its very slow and most times I cannot even get it to come up. Anyone else had this problem?

I haven't seen that exact error, but we've had occasional problems on OS X when Workshop fails to connect because the volumes folder gets filled up with extra aliases of Prinergy servers.

Try disconnecting all the servers on that Mac and then from the finder choose Go to Folder from the Go menu. In the dialog that pops up type "/volumes"

The window that pops up should now only show you your current local hard drives. If it still shows any of your disconnected network servers it could be causing Workshop to have problems finding the correct server. Especially if you see a bunch of extras named like SERVER-1, SERVER-2, etc. Delete any extra aliases and see if that fixes your problem.

Shawn

Thanks for the info.

We did check the server and had to edit this registry setting, (Check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/AppleTalk/Parameters/DesiredZone.), to allow all. There was no entry in the setting and once we allowed all it was fine and haven't had any issues.

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

We did check the server and had to edit this registry setting, (Check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/AppleTalk/Parameters/DesiredZone.), to allow all. There was no entry in the setting and once we allowed all it was fine and haven't had any issues.

Thanks

We're having the same issue. What did you enter in the setting? I have located the DesiredZone REG_SZ file on our Windows 2003 server, but have no clue what to do with it. A box comes up for "Value Data" when I click on the file.

Prinergy 4.0.2.4.8
Preps 5.3
OS 10.4.7

Nick

Preps is the impositioning software for Prinergy and it won't connect to Workshop.

I was hoping that InvisSoul would have seen my post and could give me some insight into how they allowed all in the registry setting.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back