Giving 100%

gordo

649 Giving 100%.jpg

If this is a habit among others in the business, time to look at the culture. Have the employees given up and just do enough to get by? I've seen it plenty.

If this is a habit among others in the business, time to look at the culture. Have the employees given up and just do enough to get by? I've seen it plenty.
There's a whole series of videos circulating through the TikTok/Facebook/Instagram world basically teaching the younger generation that they shouldn't work hard at their jobs and they should do the "bare minimum" and that they won't get fired because they're "too valuable" to the company. I'm not sure how that's going to work out for that generation in the long run but it's unsettling to see.

It makes me wonder if this is "next generation warfare" from countries like China to try to kill American Productivity levels but I find it disturbing on all levels and I hope that attitude doesn't become more common. :-(

Having dealt with many in-plant shops for local/state Governments, Universities etc. It amazed me at the waste of time I saw. Works starts at 8:30am and in walk the workers with a bag to eat the sandwhich they bought and a newspaper or computer to read and please do not disturb them while eating. By now it is 9:00am and they must clean up any trash or dishes and visit a restroom, by now it is 9:30am and they work until 10:00AM and then it is break time for 15 minutes after which a rest room visit is next. After several personal phone calls they work and now it is magicaly lunch time. You get the picture. Culture plays a big role in the problem. Very Delicate discussion

Having dealt with many in-plant shops for local/state Governments, Universities etc. It amazed me at the waste of time I saw. Works starts at 8:30am and in walk the workers with a bag to eat the sandwhich they bought and a newspaper or computer to read and please do not disturb them while eating. By now it is 9:00am and they must clean up any trash or dishes and visit a restroom, by now it is 9:30am and they work until 10:00AM and then it is break time for 15 minutes after which a rest room visit is next. After several personal phone calls they work and now it is magicaly lunch time. You get the picture. Culture plays a big role in the problem. Very Delicate discussion
Not my experience when covering holiday and sickness at Xerox in-plants (which I have done for years), quite the opposite here in the UK. Plenty of the normal print jobs plus the most stupid time wasting clients imaginable - there is a different attitude from clients when its an in-plant in my experience and not a pleasant one.

There's a whole series of videos circulating through the TikTok/Facebook/Instagram world basically teaching the younger generation that they shouldn't work hard at their jobs and they should do the "bare minimum" and that they won't get fired because they're "too valuable" to the company. I'm not sure how that's going to work out for that generation in the long run but it's unsettling to see.

It makes me wonder if this is "next generation warfare" from countries like China to try to kill American Productivity levels but I find it disturbing on all levels and I hope that attitude doesn't become more common. :-(
I think a lot of that comes from the entitlement mentality also. Some workers seem to think that they should be rewarded just for showing up. They also think that raises should come when they want more money, not because they have proved that they deserve it. They want it, so they should have it. No thought of the fact that they get paid to actually do the job or that they have to work for what they want.

I remember long ago telling a young guy that nobody is going to pay him $X just because he's cute.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back