Gloss of the UV Coating

Jayshree

Hi All,
I want to compare the results of the UV Coating performace coated on the two different machines. But i am not sure about whether gloss of coated varnish varies with the coating gsm. and will it be the coorect gloss if i compare the gloss of coating on the printed sheets.

Regards,
Jayshree

Gloss of UV Coating

Gloss of UV Coating

Hi, It is my understanding that you could get different gloss readings when using different presses. There are many factors that can influence the final gloss level from what I am told.

Here is my plug (sorry for the salesmanship): The coating blanket itself is one of the factors that can contribute. If you are looking for a coating blanket that will provide you with the highest gloss possible with UV gloss, please contact me. We have some excellent coating blankets.

Rjlitho

Rjlitho

There are a few variables for gloss levels two or three roll coaters or anilox each will give a different gloss level.two and three roll coaters you can adjust the volume of coating being applied by opening the nip or speeding up the metering roller.anilox you must change the roller to a higher BCM . Viscosity can also come into play . A deicated uv blanket will also help out with your gloss levels. After all that if you are running the same uv and same type of coating system you should be close on gloss levels. If you have access to a gloss 60 degree
gloss meter it would help .

RJ

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back