Gloss Self Adhesive substrate?

JayDee

Hello,

I have been tasked with finding a self adhesive, glossy substrate that can be used in an Epson 9880. I have looked high and low with no luck. Our usual supplier got us in-touch with an Epson rep who recommended a material that was not even close to what we needed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance!

Javier

What is he end product? Would it be possible to apply a gloss laminate on one of the less glossy substrates, yielding better rub and fade resistance?

Bret

Bret,
Thanks for the reply. The end product will be POP mock-ups. Our outputs will be mounted to corrugate and then cad-cut for a presentation. The convertor is trying to avoid laminating this.

Javier

Well, then, they would also probably not like applying an adhesive to the back of your normal media, either. That would be my other suggestion.

Bret

I would call these guys and figure out what they would recommend. They might even send a sample.

Here's a link to their site showing aqueous printable adhesive vinyl

Adhesive-Backed - Digital Media Warehouse

I believe most of the media that aqueous printers can print on have some sort of coating, and most of these look like they are matte coated but one of their salesmen might know of a product that would work, they've always been very helpful.

Last edited:
These folks are great too:

BigSys Home Page

I have referred a number of customers to them over the years. They will ask you all the right questions to get you exactly what you are looking for.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back