Glue Tape for Gloss UV pocket folders

Mike C.

Looking for Glue or tape that will hold for Gloss UV coated pocket folders. We have tried several different brands and strenghts and nothing seems to work..... they are off a flood UV coater so it cant be knocked out.

Attachments

• GlueAssist.pdf
    891.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Standard UV Gloss coatings are not designed with adhesive bonding in mind, whether with glues or tapes. There are "Glueable/Writeable" UV Gloss coatings that will perform better, but it would be wise to pretest with the tape or glue you plan to use. The only other alternative is to knock-out, and that does not appear to be an option for you.

We use 3M ATG adhesive transfer tape - 987 and never have a problem with our pockets not holding on our coated pocket folders.

Looking for Glue or tape that will hold for Gloss UV coated pocket folders. We have tried several different brands and strenghts and nothing seems to work..... they are off a flood UV coater so it cant be knocked out.

Pressure Sensitive glue..... Get with your glue rep but basically this is a thin version of tape. I am referring to Hot Melt. I have used it on flood UV and it stuck no problem. And with the Knife Cuts on the tabs it is a perforation. We do not use that process but Moll is a fan of it....

JW

Pressure Sensitive glue..... Get with your glue rep but basically this is a thin version of tape. I am referring to Hot Melt. I have used it on flood UV and it stuck no problem. And with the Knife Cuts on the tabs it is a perforation. We do not use that process but Moll is a fan of it....

JW

Do you have a link to it?????

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back