Gmail for Business???

prepressdork

Hi everyone,

As I understand it, Google can host email for BUSINESS (eliminates the need for an in-house Exchange server). Is anyone doing this? Pros? Cons? Experiences? Issues? Costs?

Thank you,
pd

Many, many companies host email for businesses. We use Web.com. We pay less than $100/mo for our company web site hosting, 100 email addresses, an SFTP site, and a blog site (using word press). Our internal interface is Microsoft Outlook, so, all looks and feels like we have an in-house Exchange server, but, we don't. Also our email addresses are all "[email protected]". I'm always wary of a new customer whose email address is "[email protected]"

My current and previous place of employment use Gmail for business. Though I didn't set either of them up, from an end user stand point, I've only had good experiences. We have unlimited Google Drive storage and back up everything through that. Email set up and contact sync with my Android is simple. "Our email server is down again" is a phrase I haven't heard in nearly 5 years. Gmail integrates with many different CRM business apps. For a small to medium sized business, it is a great, reliable option. Relatively inexpensive from what I hear.

Does google troll business accounts like it does for private in order gather data?

Gmail for business is fine but it is $5 per user per month minimum. We use Rackspace email that runs $2 per user per month and yes you can use your own domain name with both Gmail and Rackspace.

Does google troll business accounts like it does for private in order gather data?

Of course. Each user has to have a Google account to use Gmail and if you have a Google account Gooogle considers your data their data.

I have used Google Apps (now Suite) for business for several years with great success. Coming from an in-house hosted solution, it has been well worth the transition. Google Suite for Business allows you to use your own domain, has great management of accounts, mobile devices, as well as 2-factor security and great spam filtering. No advertising. Google Docs, Sheets, etc are all powerful tools that 'add' to the value (it's not just email....) This is a corporate solution used by tens of thousands of businesses and educational customers. $50 per year per user for the base plan, $100 if you want unlimited space and some additional 'corporate' features...

We use Google Apps for business. Made the transition about 2 years ago. It is awesome -- not a single complaint. The way it works with Drive is perfect and at $5 per user, really not that expensive.

We have been using Gmail services with our own domain and it works very well. Taking into account all the apps that comes with it, $ 5 bucks per month is not expensive. Had no downtime at all in 2 years

Another option is to use Microsoft Office 365 for email. You no longer have to host your own Exchange server. There are different pricing tiers depending on what features you want, if you want Office as part of it or not, etc.

We just use a local small business/artist hosting company here in the bay area. They have plans that include hosting and email server from $6.00/month 2 gig of disk space and 5 email addys and for $8/month you get 3 gig and 10 mailboxes . . . and you can add a mailbox for a buck a month . . .not too bad a price

We just use a local small business/artist hosting company here in the bay area. They have plans that include hosting and email server from $6.00/month 2 gig of disk space and 5 email addys and for $8/month you get 3 gig and 10 mailboxes . . . and you can add a mailbox for a buck a month . . .not too bad a price

You can get it through Rackspace for $2/user/month and each mailbox gives you 25 GB of disk space.

A big thank you to everyone who responded. We've decided to upgrade to Exchange 2016. It was just not cost effective using Gmail for business given the number of accounts we have.

Thank you,
pd

Gmail is a convenient platform for business emails. It has so many useful features, some of which are:-
  • It gives mailing a professional touch by providing company domain name.
  • It works just like our individual Gmail ID does, so, everyone is already aware of the interface.
  • The accounts are secure as Gmail for Business uses Google's server.
  • It is connected to cloud storage, has unlimited space, no complex settings and can be accessed from anywhere.
  • Everyone can share calendar, sheets, etc. which makes staying connected really easy.

We decided to upgrade to Exchange 2016. It was just not cost effective using Gmail for business given the number of accounts we have.

Thanks,
pd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back