GMC PrintNet Solutions

RE: for Solution

RE: for Solution

Hi mohan.r1980

I think I don't understand your question but I'm going to try to help you:
When you talk about the current file name, are you talking about one DataInput file or are you talking about one file read in Scripting?
If the answer is one DataInput you can access to the name of the file with WorkFlow.Parameter["DataInput1","dif"] where DataInput1 is the name of the Data Input module you want to know. To separate the file name from this value you can do the following script:
Code:
String path = WorkFlow.Parameter["DataInput1","dif"];
Int endPath = path.findBackwards('\\'); //find the last directory
Int fileNameExtLength = path.Length - endPath; //calculate the file_name.ext lenght
String fileNameExt = path.mid(endPath,fileNameExtLength); //extract the file_name.ext
Int startExt = fileNameExt.findBackwards('.');  //find the extension
Int fileNameLength = fileNameExt.Length - startExt;  //calculate the extension lenght
String fileName = fileNameExt.mid(startExt,fileNameLength); extract the file_name
For the other the method getName() can help you. The sintax is:
String baseName = fileList.Name;
or
String baseName = fileList.getName();

I hope i help you.

You can ask to GMC directly from his comunity

Regards.

Thanks for reply,

i am using one data module and naming is "PNA" and Root array name ="PNADATA"
Input file= "Path\.txt"

the above information is my current setting

i used your code but one thing i confused that i couldnt know the "dif" which you mention
Code:

i also change the "dif"into "txt" but in layout it doesnt show any result

please hepl me again

i am using one data module and naming is "PNA" and Root array name ="PNADATA"
Input file= "Path\.txt"

the above information is my current setting

i used your code but one thing i confused that i couldnt know the "dif" which you mention
Code:

i also change the "dif"into "txt" but in layout it doesnt show any result

Hello again

You are wrong. "dif" means "Data Input File" and is fixed.

In your case you have to put:
String path = WorkFlow.Parameter["PNA","dif"];
Where PNA is the name of the Data Input

Try it again and tell me.

Regards.

PrintNet T Data Filter

PrintNet T Data Filter

I am trying to filter several codes using the Data Filter module, but I am having trouble putting in more than 1 code at a time. Can anyone help? Thanks.

PrintNet T Data Filter

PrintNet T Data Filter

Hello sdueling123

I recommend you to create a Data Transformer before the Data Filter to create a variable. This variable is the one that you should use to filter.

I would follow this steps:
- Create the Data Transformer between the Data Filter and the previous module
- Create one linked variable to the original variable that contains the codes
- The field converter for this variable is a Stack
- Add one converter (CustCode for example). Create one converter for each code we want to filter with the Output String "true" (without double quotes). The default value for the others is "false"
- Add another converter BC.-Bool.
- Set in the Data Filter the correct filter (true/false).

Try it and tell me.

Regards.

PS: You can make this types of questions directly in our community <http://community.gmc.net>.

Multiple codes in the data filter

Multiple codes in the data filter

Thanks. This sounds like it works. I didn't think to combine the codes into 1 code (i.e. if code is 1 or 2 or 3 return A). So I did as you suggested and used the data transformer and wrote a quick script. Thanks for you help with this.

I would still like to know if it is possible to list more than 1 code in the Data Filter. I swear I have done it before...

I would still like to know if it is possible to list more than 1 code in the Data Filter. I swear I have done it before...

Hello sdueling123

In the new version 7.0 of PrintNet there is a new module (with no cost) called Data Caser. Is like an advanced Data Filter. Please, ask to your provider to upgrade your version.

Regards.

Bullets with Variables

Bullets with Variables

Greetings,
In letter I need to put Three variable paragraphs with bullets on front of it and space between paragraphs. Variable data don't have bullet. How I can do it? Please help. Thank you.

RE: Bullets with Variables

RE: Bullets with Variables

Greetings,
In letter I need to put Three variable paragraphs with bullets on front of it and space between paragraphs. Variable data don't have bullet. How I can do it? Please help. Thank you.

Hello melanchik
It's easy. You should have 3 different Flows with its content in plain text with the bullet included that is going to be printed depending to the logic of the document.

Try it and tell me again.

Hello melanchik
It's easy. You should have 3 different Flows with its content in plain text with the bullet included that is going to be printed depending to the logic of the document.

Try it and tell me again.
Thank you for your replay. So, what it is mean content in plain text with the bullet included.
It should be add to variable or in the flow?
Can you give me more details...
Thank you,

it is my understanding that GMC PrintNet is much, much more complicated than Planet Press. I was told by another owner of a company that a top notch GMC user is able to demand upwards to 75k a year because it is so complex. This is however, if he has experience in the direct mail field. I find that hard to believe. Anyone have any feedback on that?

Thanks
Will

Have two years experience and can develop any thing quickest, if require let me know i will mail you my resume..... my id is [email protected]

I am a Pnet T user

I am a Pnet T user

I have been using GMC for over 10 years and it is a great program. I currently have all of the big players in my facility and we use GMC 90% of the time. It isnt a very complicated program to use as I have trained my prepress people how to program in it. It is easy to setup and run. The problems you have is with the customers wanting to do stuff and not having the correct information to do it. This is where any software that you buy will be hard.

The support and training are great and they are always willing to help.

Hi,
While trying to proof a new INVOICE document which has 3 pages the proof only displays the 1st page. I have given the details of the next page in every page. Still proof returns only the 1st page.
How to get all the pages while i have given valid data in next page in Layout properties?

Regards
Godfather

Modules used

Modules used

Paramater Input, Script Library, XML Data Input, Data Transformer, Layout and Output are modules used.
Cant share the wfd even though i wish.

Everything outside the layout is fine.
Some setting in the layout needs to be changed.
There is not much to be check in the layout also.

Two things are
1) In Data Node checks the "Records by" your data tab is selected.
2) In Page Order it is set to Simple.

Can you Send me a screen shot of your layout???

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back