GMG issue - can't add new printer

iganatz

Wondering if this is just a simple problem with the license file -

My license covers my 4900's which are my standard proofing devices. I also have a 9880 (for which we have a GMG license as well) but had converted it into a fine art printer 18 months ago before ever using it as a proofing device. So after purchasing the license for it, I never even set it up in GMG.

Suddenly, I have a time critical need for oversized proofs and began the process of setting up the printer as a proofer. Ordered my paper, began doing nozzle checks, etc. Went to the GMG software and attempted to add the printer, but the "new printer" menu item is grayed out and inaccessible. Rebooted the PC, made sure the driver was up to date (even though GMG doesn't access the OS' printer driver - can't be too careful), rebooted GMG and still having the same problem. The software has worked flawlessly as a turn key system for us since its initial installation, so I'm tending toward wondering if maybe something is wrong with the license file. I will contact them first thing Monday, but figured in the meantime I would reach out and see if there is anything else I should be thinking about/checking.

Full disclosure, my entire studio runs on Mac platform, the only PC in the house runs the RIP and I'm sadly clueless in Windows; my unfamiliarity with the OS is another reason I'm reaching out here. Maybe it's some incredibly simple OS issue that escapes me?

TIA

Adam Sanders
Arc Lab

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back