Good Inkjet Printer for Short Run Envelopes

Schwanson

I was wondering if anyone uses a inkjet / laser printer for short run envelope runs?
I have a small digital printing business - 2 black and white copiers and 2 Xerox 252's.
The Xerox's are challenging to feed envelopes through and they tend to crease in the fuser.
Large envelope runs are sent out to offset.

I was looking for an option to print 1-500 short runs maybe some variable data.

Any feedback is appreciated.

We've been using a Xante Ilumina for about a year now. It's passable for short runs, although we've done up to 2000. Heavy coverage can be an issue, it's just a laser printer after all, not an inkjet. They've added "real" Pantone support recently and it has its own variable engine built in too, although we usually use XMPie up front to push composed VDP jobs to the thing.

Oki 3641? It is the same engine as Xante, more than that Oki is OEM of that engine. Half the cost so are supplies. Let me know if this could be considered.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back