Government Printer

Cory Smith

087-Government-Printer.png

Careful Gordo...you might upset the Printing Industries of America. ;)

Thanks for the comment!

I try to make the RE:print strip as non-country specific as possible so that an international audience can get a bit of a chuckle. So I wasn't thinking of the PIA or the GPO. This particular strip came out of a conversation I had with a local (Victoria BC Canada) printer about the Queen's Printer - our local provincial government printer - doing work that could, some would say should, be done by the private sector.

The PIA seems to have a bit of a love hate position regarding the GPO - but maybe I'm not up to date on their current stance. Up in the frozen north of Canada it seems that the US is paranoid about the government being involved in activities that are deemed to be served better by the private sector. The PIA appears to promote the idea that the GPO should assure that unnecessary federal printing facilities are subject to business planning to determine if the facilities are cost effective. A very soft position.

best, gordo

I was referring specifically to this :

Printing Industries of America Counters Obama Administration’s Executive Order | Printing Industries of America - Printing.org

Just wanted you to be careful with references to unecessary print material, or you may incur the wrath of a YouTube rebuttal. ;)

ROTFL !

Thanks for the link. When the guy in the last panel states that the 500 page book was something that no one will ever read, it was not an indictment of the value of print. It was referring to the readability (and boring nature) of government documents. At least the ones that I've tried to read. LOL!

In any case, I've met Michael Makin on several occasions and he's...a putty cat. So if he wants to YouTube me that would be great!

best, gordo

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back