Greening Print Marketing

htollvr

When people ask me what the hot topics are in printing these days (i.e., editors looking for help in creating editorial calendars, PR firms looking for pain points), it's always green printing. Ironically, though, when I do any kind of Internet search on green printing, the overwhelming majority of sites are talking about printing on recycled paper. Good grief–don't we have any imagination in this industry?

I've been writing for a blog called The Inspired Economist (The Inspired Economist - Covering the People, Policies, Ideas, and Companies Inspiring Positive Change and Redefining Capitalism), which focuses on "green" issues in the corporate world, under the theme "Greening Print Marketing." You can access the entire archive of posts at Author archive for Heidi Tolliver-Nigro : Green Options.

Just for fun, here's a list of the posts I've written to date. Thought it might spark some ideas:

Greening Print Marketing: Getting Serious About Greenhouse Gases : The Inspired Economist

Forest Stewardship Council Files Suit Against U.S. Government : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: Does Sustainability Matter to Print Buyers? : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: New Report on Digital Printing : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: Xerox Gives Customers More “Green” Printing Choices : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: Is Soy Really Better? : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: How Much Is Brightness Worth? : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: Are Digital, Solvent-Based Inks “Green”? : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: Four “Green” Characteristics of Digital Printing : The Inspired Economist

Greening Print Marketing: Eco-Printing – A Nice Bonus to Digital Printing : The Inspired Economist

I just wonder why we don't get creative like this in the printing industry? We have a great story to tell. It just seems that we're losing a lot of opportunities.

Very cool articles. As a digital print company we are very conscience of the positive environmental effects of printing digitally (less waste, less harmful chemicals and inks, etc.). I feel that digital printing will become more and more popular versus traditional offset. With that being said, the transition is still taking place.

Our biggest issue is paper choice and finding recycled papers in digitally cut sizes. We recently came across a 100% PCW, 80# cover by mowhawk in 12 x 18. It is a great sheet for greeting cards, brochures and booklet covers. We are looking out for the first 100% 100# (for digital), its about time we demand it and the paper mills supply it!

Articles about Printing – Green Printing is Easy – FSC, Post Consumer Recycled Content, Digital Printintg- Jazpress.com

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back