Gripper opening cam follower

madjock

Hi Everyone, has anyone out there ever replaced the gripper opening cam on the chain delivery gripper bar on a 102, I think the press is a 1997 model, looking at the parts book and the press itself it looks like it could be a bit tricky, can anyone help?

It's a sold days work for one who has experience. To many steps and "tricks" to spell out in a forum. Save yourself a lot of frustration and pay a skilled mechanic to do it. Good luck!

I've done it, it's a decent job and takes about 6 hours.

A press that year the cam itself may no longer be available, in fact I'm pretty sure it's not. Our 98 sm102 required a completely new cam and lever assembly. The new cam was wider/stronger and the whole assembly more robust.

When you call Heidelberg they will give you a new MV part# that includes everything. I think the cost is around $4k for the parts.

Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back