GTO 52- DDS Dampening.

mpsolutions

Hi Everyone,
Just inquired a 2 colour GTO 52, with DDS damps.
on the 1st unit, plate would ink totally for few sheets (about 10 sheets) before it cleans for printing, also press counter seems to be counting very fast, more than double printed sheets. Any idea how to fix these 2 issues. I would appreciate the feedback.

The DDS has to be set correctly. There should have been a sheet that tells how to set it. It has been over 5 years since I used one I cant remember but the sheet was easy to follow. Seems to me there is a bridge roller that you must engage to ink the press up and then to clean it up. If rollers are set correctly the bridge should be off. Make sure the water level inside the water tray is high enough. Is the counter the original? or an add on? If it is an optical counter it is reading the tail and the lead edge and counting each of them.

I think the original counter works off of a cam under the feed board. this just needs to be tightened to the cam

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back