Halftones

leokor

The standard quote request forms ask for the number of halftones. Do I count only photos and art, or also such things as gray type and InDesign gradients?

Leo

:chuckle:

Um, wow...is there a newer version of your software that you can upgrade to? You're going to go insane trying to figure things out that way. Even if software upgrade is not an option, then restructuring the way you used to quote is a must.

Not sure what you mean. I'm trying to use printindustry.com to obtain multiple quotes.

Leo
I really wasn't sure what perspective you were coming from. I had in mind you were a printer that recently switched to CTP but are still trying to manage with your dated quoting software.

I see where you're coming from a little better now. I also agree with oxburger, however it still seems odd that they are still asking with those terms.

For what it's worth?

For what it's worth?

Not sure what you mean. I'm trying to use printindustry.com to obtain multiple quotes.

Leo
The definitions listed below were extracted from the "Glossary" provided by the site linked to above.
Halftone
(1) To photograph or scan a continuous tone image to convert the image into halftone dots. (2) A photograph or continuous-tone illustration that has been halftoned and appears on film, paper, printing plate or the final printed product.

Graduated Screen Tint
Screen tint that changes densities gradually and smoothly, not in distinct steps. Also called degrade, gradient, ramped screen and vignette.

Screen Tint
Color created by dots instead of solid ink coverage. Also called Benday, fill pattern, screen tone, shading, tint and tone.
I suspect that any Glossary established by any prospective business partnership should be given more weight than the opinion's of those that don't have any, "skin in the game".

Fortunately, for all concerned, there is no discrepancy between the two as far as I can tell;)

Best Regards
OT

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back