Hamada 600 - looking for ideas

splashdesignz

Hello,
This group is always so good to answer my questions and I rarely have any answers for anyone else. My apologies for that.

I have an issue with the plate cylinder on my Hamada 600. Not sure what happened or how this happened... We can not move
the plate cylinder when we need to adjust the position of the image. It appears to have seized up whether it be ink or rust we
can't tell.
Is there a way to remove the plate cylinder to fix this problem? We are trying penetrating oil right now and are hopeful that may
loosen it.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Angela

Has the press been sitting for a while so that rust could have seized it? If your water unit let water leak down there I am sure it could be seized up tight with rust, considering what little leverage you have. If something broke you would be having the opposite problem. I think penetrating oil is the best starting point. We have a 555 and haven't ever had any issues.

Thanks for the response. We did get some penetrating oil and have been able to get it freed up. Our plates are pretty standardized and we don't often have the need to adjust it. I think that is what caused the problem. We have added a step to our clean up protocol to prevent this from happening again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back