Happy Diwali !

Are those actually Canadians? The music is in some Asian language and those guys look like they're from India or something.

Immigration is permitted in Canada - but nothing in the video to suggest they weren't born in Canada.
Based on the turbans, they would be of the Sikh religion. This is not defined by country, but by faith. Granted, most are of South Asian lineage.

Are those actually Canadians? The music is in some Asian language and those guys look like they're from India or something.

Yes, of course they’re Canadian - can’t you see they’re shoveling snow? This group is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada’s east coast.
The biggest Canadian celebrations of Diwali (the triumph of light over darkness) occur in Vancouver British Columbia on Canada’s left coast. DuckDuck “Diwali Vancouver” to see pics and videos.

Last edited:
Vancouver British Columbia on Canada’s left coast.
Depends which way you're facing.
Too bad about the pandemic. Vancouver's celebration was/is always the best.
Pretty certain I have 3 or 4 Indian style marinades in the cupboard. COVID means I don't have to share ;)

Yes, of course they’re Canadian - can’t you see they’re shoveling snow? This group is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada’s east coast.
The biggest Canadian celebrations of Diwali (the triumph of light over darkness) occur in Vancouver British Columbia on Canada’s left coast. DuckDuck “Diwali Vancouver” to see pics
The biggest Canadian celebrations of Diwali (the triumph of light over darkness) occur in Vancouver British Columbia on Canada’s left coast. DuckDuck “Diwali Vancouver” to see pics and videos.

and this is the way some people in the country from where the snow shovelers ancestors might be come from and also might be some cousins of them are still living did saying hello to the new year in 2018/19. (hope the link works...)

Look at the registration plate on the car. (I'm an ex-Detroiter.)
It's a Nova Scotia plate like this one:
Plate.jpg

and this is the way some people in the country from where the snow shovelers ancestors might be come from

Holy s**t, that's awesome!! At first I thought they were running for their lives.
Hmm, they probably were.

Why is snow so White? I heard a child ask her Father that question, I heard his reply, it was priceless.
Why do you think snow is white?
what a capitalistic answer! ;-)
He could have answered white snow is more nice, because white snow is reflecting the light much better than blue or purple. Or at least additionally ...
But if he would have started explaining the stuff with the additive color mixing, that the same parts and intensity of the light sources of red, blue and green are the reason for that, he would not be asked for other things in future i guess ...
Or he had to answer a hell of lot more questions right after that ;-)

Last edited:
Ha, I guess here is something got lost in translation: Because I understood "priceless" (in the meaning of "white is cheaper") as the fathers answer... ;-)

What an energetic dance!!
I had read in some of the immigration studies about the strong Punjabi immigration to Canada and other parts of North America. (See chapter 5.5 Sociology)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back