Has anyone purchased a used IGEN?

krissirk

I'm considering the purchase of a used IGEN from a 3rd party and am interested in hearing from anyone that has done this. Did Xerox put it under maintenance? How much did they charge? Did you have a good or bad experience. Would you do it again if given the opportunity?

Xerox wants to sell me a used IGEN vs purchasing from a 3rd party. I would hate to have downtime or hidden expenses making this more expensive than it appears on the frontend. Can anyone tell me a downside to purchasing a used IGEN from someone other than Xerox then have Xerox service it?

Thanks

We have taken service over on used iGen's sold by 3rd party. Typically the cost to get an iGen up to spec and under service is between $20,000 - $75,000, or more, depending on how much work needs to be done on the system. Sometimes that cost is not worth the extra money customers save buying from 3rd party.

I would not purchase a used iGen from a 3rd party, period.

I probably wouldn't get a used one from Xerox either. You would be looking at a used iGen3, possibly a repo'ed iGen4. The latter is what I would most likely look at. I would not purchase a used iGen3 unless I had a fleet of them.

I don't think a 3rd party could run the iGen through what Xerox does when it reconditions them. That iGen factory line and testing is pretty impressive.

If the igen is serviced by xerox now, then why would there be any cost involved to get it up to spec? If the igen is not serviced by xerox now then, yeah I'd have to agree, buy one off them. That is if your needs really justify one.

The great thing is when:
Xerox is doing maintenance 60% of the time
and
you are doing production 40% of the time.

MSD

The biggest question would be is it an iGen3 or an iGen4 and how much does it cost. If it's significantly cheaper to get a used one go for it. But I would consider getting maintenance from Xerox.

I know a guy who bought one for $43K and spent near $100K getting it set up including the new room he had to construct with HVAC control. Make sure you find out all of the hidden costs before you make a decision.

Who did he use to get it set up??? 100k is an awful lot of money to get an Igen up and running. I've deinstalled and reinstalled one for 15k and it works fine.

Looking at igen3 110

Looking at igen3 110

I'm interested in seeing if you ended up purchasing a used iGen? If so which one? How much for it? From Xerox or the 3rd party? How much for you to install/set up? Have you had any problems? Are you happy with your decision? How many impressions(B&W/color) are you doing per month? Did you do a per click or a full maintenance plan? I'm being quoted $53k to get everything set up/installed, which includes training for 1. I'm being quoted $2500/month for the plan PLUS click charges.... The question is how much is 'reasonable' in today's market to pay for an iGen3 110?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back