Has Covid killed the business card?

I'm saddened that you would question the BBC for questioning the questionable demise of business cards!
Maybe printers should offer printing a relevant QR code on the back of any business cards they print. Best of both worlds? :unsure:

"Obviously it saves lots of paper being wasted," - this is the most nefarious skew targeting the business for decades.

What about PET bottles which lifecycle is counted in minutes if not seconds, albeit their degradation time might be several hundred years? What about the forced replacement of consumer electronics (via planned obsolescence), which can't be economically disassembled, hence they're unrecyclable? What about the millions of tonnes of waste, which they're bury beside every major city?

"Obviously it saves lots of paper being wasted," - this is the most nefarious skew targeting the business for decades.

What about PET bottles which lifecycle is counted in minutes if not seconds, albeit their degradation time might be several hundred years? What about the forced replacement of consumer electronics (via planned obsolescence), which can't be economically disassembled, hence they're unrecyclable? What about the millions of tonnes of waste, which they're bury beside every major city?
What about the toilet paper? The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.

2 undershirt sleeves if you are driving in the middle of no where and know you wont make it to the next town. At least that's what a friend told me.....

The majority of shops I go in these days, the pressroom manager doesn't even have a card to give me. The very people who should be showcasing their printing ability and creativity. Says a lot.

The majority of shops I go in these days, the pressroom manager doesn't even have a card to give me. The very people who should be showcasing their printing ability and creativity. Says a lot.
No, that's an old habit, shall I say, tradition. The shoemaker's shoes are always holey. This is to prove he's caring about the clients' jobs over anything else.

At a drupa show I once got a business card from a printing company that was so badly printed and so crudely cut that I kept it for years. It made me laugh out loud every time I looked at it. If a card is meant to assure that you are remembered , that card certainly did the trick.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back