Heidelberg Color Bar Placement

mheaslip

I am interested to know if any users of the Heidelberg Dipco 4GS, 6S or 8GS color bars have experienced difficulty reading the color bars on a CPC24 system if the color bars are cropped at either end through a color patch (square); if a patch is cropped short at the edge of the press sheet, do you have problems reading the sheet? Does it matter at all if the color bar is cropped

We don't have that issue.
As far as I know they can isolate patch that is missing or not complete, easily and it doesn't affect them.
Sometimes we have mark going into one of the patches and they just exclude it from reading so it does not affect the whole sheet.
Are you using Image Control?

I hope this helps.

The sheet will read fine. You just have to turn off the zone that
has the cropped patch. The only thing that we have found that
image control is finicky about is the height of the color bar. If you
shrink the height you will get inconsistent scans.

Thanks. We will often crop the height of the color bar by masking off the text above and below the patches, depending on the stock size and how much extra space is available on the sheet. This doesn't seem to be a problem. Not knowing Image Control myself, in the responses to my question here I am hearing that cropping the mark through a patch may be a problem unless the press operator takes some kind of action in Image Control. Is turning off the affected ink zone really the solution? I'm not sure if switching off an entire ink zone would work for us.

We also crop off the text above and below the color bar sometimes. What is important,
is that the solid patch remains unchanged. As for turning off the ink zone in
image control, if you have a mark thru the patch or the patch is cropped short then
image control will give erroneous readings ( i.e. it will think that the color is to light
and try to adjust the ink keys higher to compensate). The press operator will just have
to manually control that key.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back