Heidelberg Prinect - Late plate size change

herbert

Hi All

After switching from Prinergy to Prinect in the last 2 weeks. I have one complaint.

If we change a XL105(Larger plate) plate to a CD102, due to a late schedule change, I feel their is no quick way to change this without going back into Signa to change the plate size.

In prinergy the impo is done to the paper size (V5), so a late change would just mean a different queue.

Do you think im missing something here ?

thanks

Steve

Heidelberg workflow

Heidelberg workflow

We Have two Signa work stations and change plate sizes at the plate setter. The start of print is the same on both size plates. Is the Plate bend and gripper the same on both presses? Signa centers the work on the sheet size.

Hi thanks for the reply

The XL105 plate is bigger than a CD102 size, so in prinect you have plate setups for both size plates. To change plate size you have to go back into signa to change. When you are up trying to keep presses running...flexibilty is key when changing plate sizes

Grip etc is the same, but you have to change the layout to fit the required plate size.

If the sheet size has not changed and the layback is the same I don't understand why you can't send it to another plate size. What is it you have to change?

in signa - on output/print/saving an interactive prinect job - click on edit in the output parameter option, access the second tab, options - look all the way down to find the section imaging size, select the option alternative plate template - select the cd102/xl105 alternatively - re-output the job. done =)

no changes to your layout but the imaging window is adjusted.

You have both ways available to you with Prinect, very flexible.
Your setup in Prinergy is to sheet size which you can do the same with Heidelberg Prinect.
When printing JDF from Signa, check box "clip to sheet" or similar, can't remember exactly from top of my head (don't have signa at the moment in front of me).

Keep in mind that you will probably have to setup your plate queue properly for this change.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back