help choosing digital press

Oakworks

Hi - We are currently working with a Xerox 700 with Creo and are looking to upgrade. Xerox recommends the J75 & C75 with Firey (they no longer support Creo). What other printers would you recommend from different companies (Canon or Knoica Minolta) that are similar and what are your thoughts on Firey compared to Creo? Thank you for your help!

If you are looking to upgrade then the C/J75 are not upgrades. They are the same engine as the 700, with some software changes. The only upgrade they offer is inline spectrophotometer, which just speeds up calibration. The ability to duplex 300gsm is merely a software change.

this is kinda on topic . . . we are lookiing at the 500 or 700 series xerox - comment would be appreciated both good and bad . . .

thanks

The Xerox 700 has been pretty good to us. We have a CREO, which Xerox no longer supports. The most issues we have had are with colors printing very dark and the booklet maker not being able to handle heavier stock. There are more current models than the 700 that you may want to consider.

Actually there are a lot of upgrades when it comes to the J75.

"The only upgrade they offer is inline spectrophotometer, which just speeds up calibration. " I really think calibration is something which should be done daily. It has been automated it is easy to do, causes less errors and safes time. The inline spectrophotometer is viable piece of extra equipemtent. U can also automatically do output profiles with it.

J75/C75 also have inboard outboard density reading software. This has nothing to do with the RIP, but it actually changes the power of the lasers when it comes to inboard outboard density controll.

The Fuser has been changed also. It now has settings for different papersizes.
Feeders have some slight changes also and now the operator can change the rollers in few seconds.

There is a new SIQA tool which really helps u to get that registration spot on.

I think u should go and see all the new features on the new c75/J75.

When considering the J75/C75 i would really go and demo the machine. I was impressed by it when it comes to light production.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back