HELP: Film for Scitex/Creo Dolev800V

Dolev800V

Hello all,
I am working with a Scitex/Creo Dolev800V machine. I've been using Agfa's film, serial coded E2UX5, for years now.
Unfortunately, either Agfa, or the company which imports the film to the region I live in-or both, raised the price so much, to the point I cannot afford it anymore.
So I am looking for other solutions and I would appreciate any help in this matter.
Unfortunately, I don't know any other film which might fit this machine. Searching the Internet I was not able to find a different brand of film with the specific size 76.2 cm X 60 meter-as the current film I am using.

Looking at the formal requirements of the machine I found this:

Red-sensitive film or polyester, roll, medium to high contrast

Media:
Width: 10 to 34 in (254 to 863 mm) in 1 in (25.4 mm) increment
Length: 15 to 47 in (450 to 1200 mm)
Thickness: 4 to 8 mil (0.1 to 0.2 mm) thick
Cassette capacity: 60m / 200ft to 30m / 100f

Unfortunately, these specifications doesn't really lead me to anything. I searched google for days and found nothing.
I need the help of someone who has an experience with this sort of machine or knows which brand of film I can use (beside the Agfa E2UX5), refer me to a relevant reseller, or maybe someone who knows a company which manufactures films relatively cheap (maybe a Chinese one?)

Any lead/hint/help would be greatly appreciated...

There are several other companies that sell film but the same issue has hit them all. The price of silver has gone through the roof. All the manufacturers have either implemented or announced large price increases. You don't say where you are located but if you check with local dealers they may find a film that hasn't gone up as much.

Hello all,
I am working with a Scitex/Creo Dolev800V machine. I've been using Agfa's film, serial coded E2UX5, for years now.
Unfortunately, either Agfa, or the company which imports the film to the region I live in-or both, raised the price so much, to the point I cannot afford it anymore.
So I am looking for other solutions and I would appreciate any help in this matter.
Unfortunately, I don't know any other film which might fit this machine. Searching the Internet I was not able to find a different brand of film with the specific size 76.2 cm X 60 meter-as the current film I am using.

Looking at the formal requirements of the machine I found this:

Red-sensitive film or polyester, roll, medium to high contrast

Media:
Width: 10 to 34 in (254 to 863 mm) in 1 in (25.4 mm) increment
Length: 15 to 47 in (450 to 1200 mm)
Thickness: 4 to 8 mil (0.1 to 0.2 mm) thick
Cassette capacity: 60m / 200ft to 30m / 100f

Unfortunately, these specifications doesn't really lead me to anything. I searched google for days and found nothing.
I need the help of someone who has an experience with this sort of machine or knows which brand of film I can use (beside the Agfa E2UX5), refer me to a relevant reseller, or maybe someone who knows a company which manufactures films relatively cheap (maybe a Chinese one?)

Any lead/hint/help would be greatly appreciated...

Where do you locate? Could you send me your contact details.
I may have something for you.
Regards,
Leo

There are several other companies that sell film but the same issue has hit them all. The price of silver has gone through the roof. All the manufacturers have either implemented or announced large price increases. You don't say where you are located but if you check with local dealers they may find a film that hasn't gone up as much.

BillJ, thank you for you quick answer! I am very sad to hear that the price is a general issue. I guess it's due to digital print and technology.
Still, I want to at least cut the mediation cost, because the current situation is that I cannot raise the price of my printing products, so I have to find where I can cut the costs, otherwise it will cost more to manufacture than the return I am given for it :(

The current dealer I am working with imports only Agfa and so I don't want to ask him what other film I can use (it might sound bad to business :rolleyes: )
So that's why I am turning to this forum, to find out other solutions, like other brands of film that might fit this machine, or non-branded manufactures that make a cheaper film.
I couldn't find any on the Internet. Once I have the names of the products, I can refer to the companies, but first I need the names.
Do you know any other film which is equivalent to the Agfa E2UX5 one (60 meter X 76,2 cm) or a company who might manufacture such?
And for your question, I am located at Israel (Middle East).

Thank you so much for your answer and your help!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back