[ HELP ] generate hilight area ( dotgain)

sinyamnyam

hai guys,

i am danang and a newbie here :) , i have a problem doing printing in flexographic , we cannot generate hilight area on the press. it is print on art paper 110gsm.

here is my data for press that we use .
screen is 133, anilox is 360 lpcm, viscosity of each cmyk ink is C=23 M=22 Y=22 K = 25
density of ink : C=1,30 M=1,29 Y = 1,25 K=1,47

and after measure the print dot gain :
2% > 12%
4% > 19%
10% > 32%
20%> 51%
30% > 66%
40% > 75%
70% > 96%
80% > 99%
:mad:

is there arround can help me , what should i do to make a good hilight in this case.
is there any standard of dot gain generate after press ?

Thanks before

Hi Light images on Flexo

Hi Light images on Flexo

need to be first controlled in Plating, then improved in RIP calibration then, measured on press. The data below suggests too much dot gain so suspect plating is not calibrated and you are not getting the most out of your press' ability to accurately reproduce.

Flexo dot gain is a function of plate materials, imaging, processing, and pressures on press. The print curve in Flexo does not follow a ISO Contours type of curve as in Offset because the materials behave physically different in highlights and shadow areas.

One expert to contact on this may be Larry Goldberg from Beta Flexographic Plate and Film Analysis with many solutions in varying cost ranges - ntm good advice to help get your flexo under control. Good luck, Greg Imhoff

hai guys,

i am danang and a newbie here :) , i have a problem doing printing in flexographic , we cannot generate hilight area on the press. it is print on art paper 110gsm.

here is my data for press that we use .
screen is 133, anilox is 360 lpcm, viscosity of each cmyk ink is C=23 M=22 Y=22 K = 25
density of ink : C=1,30 M=1,29 Y = 1,25 K=1,47

and after measure the print dot gain :
2% > 12%
4% > 19%
10% > 32%
20%> 51%
30% > 66%
40% > 75%
70% > 96%
80% > 99%
:mad:

is there arround can help me , what should i do to make a good hilight in this case.
is there any standard of dot gain generate after press ?

Thanks before

thank you very much Greg .
in this case i cannot cotrol plate making cause others people make the plate ? what your suggestion ?

thank you very much Greg .
in this case i cannot cotrol plate making cause others people make the plate ? what your suggestion ?

You are most welcome Sinyamnyam. I would make contact at the source, in this case the maker of your plates to request regular documentation of their plate calibration efforts. Not a biggie and this helps them you and the printer.

I would then ask the printer (ink maker etc.) to do the same or, to advise how that plate and materials print on their press and then ask that the print characteristics also be inset into your plate imaging curves. This way you know. They know everyone improves.

Note: This could vary by different line screen rulings so, this is an ongoing but fruitful effort, each and every time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back