Help I've been moved from subscription to clouds

Baldbug

I didn't know about this until an email came from Adobe tonite.

""I am really sorry to inform you that your subscription has already got migrated to Adobe creative cloud in this case you will not be able to use cs 5.5.""

I don't think I've got the bandwith to run two Imacs on photoshop, indesign, acrobat, illustrator in the clouds as well as all the other emails etc on all the other macs.

What is everyone using to generate graphic art and typesetting. Is everyone being forced into the clouds??

Hi Baldbug,

You don't need to use creative cloud's licensing yet. If there is an issue, I suggest contacting Adobe directly.

Adobe Creative Cloud doesn't require your data reside on their cloud or that you're connected 24/7. If you want to store data on the cloud, it does offer 20GB of storage you can use. Your license must be authenticated on the cloud every-so-often, but not everyday.

Go to Adobe Creative Cloud | Adobe.com and look for FAQ link (It's ridiculously small and easy to miss)

Q: Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Creative Suite applications?
A: Because your Creative Suite applications are installed directly on your computer, you will not need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis. However, you will need to be online when you install and license your software, and at least once every 30 days thereafter. The software will alert you when you need to connect to the Internet for a license status check.

Q: Do I have to save my files to the storage space on Creative Cloud?
A: No – just sync what you want. You can save every file to your desktop and choose which ones you sync to Creative Cloud.

Greg

Thanks Greg,
We are online 20 days a month so the licensing should sync in that time by the sound of it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back