Help! Phaser 6360 Registration Issues

BlacknTan

First, a little background information. My company is shutting down, and the employees were given the option to purchase some of the graphics/design equipment. Since our Phaser 6360 had only 11,000 impressions, and I got a bunch of consumables to go with it, I just couldn't say no.

However, since hooking it up to a new Snow Leopard system, I'm running into two issues. I have an "OPC drum end of life" error and a color registration issue. After speaking with Xerox, I found out the "OPC end of life" error is a driver issue, pertaining to Snow Leopard. The color registration, I'm not sure about yet. Colored text prints blurry, as the colors are slightly offset from each other, by about a half point.

The prints prior to my purchase were not blurry, so I have a feeling something was jostled during the transition from work to my home office. I did remove the imaging unit and fuser prior to the move, and kept them out of the light.

Does anyone have an educated guess on what might cause this issue and the easiest way (least expensive) to resolve it?

Thanks!!
Mark.

hi. Let me clarify - 6360 is a desktop 8.5x11 color printer right?
In any case - there must be a test page / demo page that could be printed from printer itself - run it, see if problem shows-up. Let me know - we will take it from there.

Roman.

Thanks for the feedback UnlimitedBT...the printer is indeed an 8.5 x 11 color laser, and it is a desktop model, albeit a rather large desktop.

I just ran some test pages, and it's definitely off by about 1/64 of an inch, horizontally. The vertical edges are pretty sharp, I need a loupe to see any offset. But the horizontal borders have a fuzzy edge where two colors overlay, especially noticeable with cyan and magenta.

Thanks!!
Mark

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back