HELP PLEASE, Canon PRISMAdirect system

contrakid

Hi all, I am currently doing some work on Canon PRISMAdirect workflow and I am looking for other users that I can talk to about their experience with the software and its Pros and cons etc.

I am a little worried that the Web seems to be void of any info or user groups or forums etc. apart from some Canon videos and some manuals also the same under OCE PRISMAdirect.

Be great to get in contact with any other users, thanks.

I have two Canon/Oce 135s that use PRISMAsync instead of a Fiery. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I can probably help you. We've had Oces for years so we know their print server pretty well.

I have two Canon/Oce 135s that use PRISMAsync instead of a Fiery. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I can probably help you. We've had Oces for years so we know their print server pretty well.
Creative-1 are you still open to talk about PRISMAsync? We have a an Canon/Oce 135 also, that we've had for a couple of years, and for the most part works well. Just running into a job that is a problem that doesn't make sense. It is a variable job that is done as a flat PDF with a total of 6,000 pages, eight up on the sheet for a total of 24,000 records, and we have it setup to add slipsheets every 40 sheets (or 80 pages). And the file size is only list 7.9 MB, but when we send it to the Oce, the file balloons up to 70 GB on the press. At least that is what the tech says. What the heck, and why? There is not transparency, no raster artwork, it is all vector and just black, except for the crop marks (which are registration). Just plain text with a barcode, and a solid 5% black background over the whole page front and back.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back