Help please: creo Scitex dolev 4 press V setup

Dear
Can i know what will be the solution for this now, the tecnican came and saw the machine he says the The power from lazer tube looks fine, and after that from AOM modulatar he can see 1 beam of lazer very bright, from there other end of the fiber cable the lazer is very low.

thank you

Morgan,

Try and clean the ends of the fibre with rice paper ( lens cleaning paper) using alcohol.

The fiber is sectioned into two parts. One part belongs to the static optic and the other is connected to the dynamic optic. Each end is fixed with a ceramic connector. The optical connector adaptor unit mates the two connectors.
Also remove the Shutter that is in the Dynamic optics and clean the light detector with alcohol.

SFL w/o PSM?

SFL w/o PSM?

Hi Zitari,

For u to setup what u have, u only need a PSM Rip 7.x. As mentioned by other colleagues, yes, SFL card will just work on G3 or G4 (both Macs), just insert to any pci slots then it should auto detect your card but to confirm if your card is working or not, u should have PSM 7.x installed. But i suggest to get a G4 at least. Then harlequin has a diff interface card which SFL is not compatible with.

Let me know if u need a PSM, i might be able to help u to get an authenticated PSM RIP.

By the way, where's ur location? Thanks

Regards,

onevon2k

Thank you guys for good advices.(especially to Roberto and onevon2k)
Am pc tehnician and trying to help my friend to run dolev2 press+.
Am also new in this and i still don't understand lot, but we have simmillar prolem.
Friend had some big machine POWERPC with brisque, which died.
So I followed your advices, got some G4, put inside SFL-PCI card, installed OS9 (cause OSX didn't "saw" my card)...
Than i stopped, cause I don't have PSM 7.1 or older or any idea about it.
I wonder can we somehow run dolev without psm?
Or where to get any kind of software just to run dolev (?), cause if i understand well, preparing files we can do on any pc.
I also suppose brisque which run on old machine (i think it was on AIX, but cannot check cause it is dead) cannot run on mac...
All i found is drivers for dolev2 which i installed onto OS9, but have feeling it is not enough :(

thank you for your answer.

darko

Hi darko,

I can help u with psm 7 if u really need to. Just let me know. I have avail PSM 7. Thanks

Onevon2k

I'll be very glad if you can help me.

And for now, i don't know other way to run dolev without psm.

Thanks in advance.

Hi darko,

First, u need rip to run dolev and output actual jobs and that is why u will be needing PSM 7, this is a rip software. This is similar with the brisque that u mentioned. Now, where are u from? Are u from USA? Is there a way we could talk, like via yahoo or do u have contact number ? Pls let me know. Thanks

psm 7.x rip

psm 7.x rip

good day,
i have the same problem of you and need to find PSM 7 to solve it, can you please let me know if you can provide me?
thank you
marco

Hi marco,

I can provide u with psm 7. Pls PM me ur contact number, ill call u for faster communication. Thanks

Onevon2k

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back