Help with xerox 700 spooling...It so slow

Plex

Hello Everyone,

I have searched all of the web trying to find out something similar, but at the print shop, we are running 4 xerox 700's. but 3 of them spool very very slow from all of our computer, except 1, we run presentations and they are anywhere from 14-15mb and its about a 20 minute spool time,

only 1 PC can spool the same size file in less than a second, it goes directly to CWS 4 and 5.(Hold)

Does anyone know what causes this slow spool time?

We use external fierys with the CWS 4 and 5

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Hi,
Try to change the network connection from standard tcp/ip to lpr (printing for unix at windows features), also try to temporary disable dns at the EX700 network settings.

Hi,
Try to change the network connection from standard tcp/ip to lpr (printing for unix at windows features), also try to temporary disable dns at the EX700 network settings.

Ok, I,m gonna try it, but do I need admin rights? That's another problem with this site. Everytime I try to tinker with the settings, I have to call the admin, and it takes like 1-2 days to get him down.

The thing you can try is to disable the dns at the fiery
open een web browser and type the ip adress of the fiery as an url
go to the last tab "Configure" and select "launce configure"
log is ad admin Fiery.1
goto network, protocols, tcp/ip, dns
make a note of the ip adresses then untick the auto setting and clear the settings
select safe and reboot.

the switch to lpr has to be done at your workstation.
to test you can make a bat file the copy you job to the fiey
lpr -S <ip-adress Fiery> -P hold c:\testfile.pdf

Hey,

Okay, I followed your exact directions and still nothing, I don't get it. Thank you for your suggestions :)

This issue has me stumped. the driver is 700ex server, downloaded from webtools as recommended by xerox tech support.

Thanks for your help :)

Hey,

I think it may be an issue driver because I checked the drivers from the external fiery workstation and they have the xerox 700ex 1.5 drivers, and from all our pcs.... the drivers that are installed are just the regular 700 drivers. It might have gotten mixed up when the it guy came. I think he put the 700I drivers on the regular 700's or vice versa..... because even when we try to offset on double sided copies from the stacker it prints out on the top tray...on top of that. We get random pages that won't print doublesided on books. Its crazy. Thanks for your help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back