Herkules Pro Image Setter Screen Prob

daz167

Hi all,

I was about to make some film with our Herkules Pro Image Setter and I turned it on and the screen is blank? Motor and everything else is working fine, just no screen comes up?? Usually it comes up with the word 'Linotype' then goes through its procedure stuff. I tried switching it on and off multiple times with no luck.

Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated! (Bit hard to work when I can't make film!! :rolleyes:)

thanks in advance

Cheers,
Darren

Hi Amer,

Thanks for the quick response, I checked the floppy and tried another disk that I had of the same version 4.01. Still no luck. Is there anyway of telling if the disk is ok? How do I tell?

regards
Darren

So Darren, if you can read that floppies on another PC, probably Hercules floppy drive can't.
Try to connect anoter floppy drive to the Hercules and start again.

I was using a Hercules Pro and the software diskette is damaged. Please send a copy of the files inside it to me as an attachment so that I can work with the machine again. Your prompt response will be appreciated. my floppy drive is working perfectly but the diskette itself has problem. thanks
[email protected]
Regards,

Hi, you should not use a diskette not belonging to your's machine - there are files specific to particular Hercules (geometry, machine specific, media and laser params) as well as general files (like program, text, help and so). You should have a backup disk. There is a backup touch memory consisting machine static date - you should use "blank" disk (just generic files - without written serial number) and then copy (or initialize it via test menu).
By using someone's disk (if it'll work - "This disk doesn't belong to this recorder") you may loose your parameters.

Just a warning....

Herkules Pro Image Setter Screen Prob

Hi all,

I was about to make some film with our Herkules Pro Image Setter and I turned it on and the screen is blank? Motor and everything else is working fine, just no screen comes up?? Usually it comes up with the word 'Linotype' then goes through its procedure stuff. I tried switching it on and off multiple times with no luck.

Any suggestions or fixes would be greatly appreciated! (Bit hard to work when I can't make film!! :rolleyes:)

thanks in advance

Cheers,
Darren

Hi Darren, I have the same problem as yours,did you manage to get sorted out?Does anyone have solution to this problem.Mine is showing Linotype Hell twice then the display goes blank,no initializaton.The other components like compressor are left running.:eek:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back