HIPAA compliance

kdonegan

wondering if anyone can point me towards any resources for HIPAA compliance for a digital printer?
thanks
Kevin

HIPAA specifically?

HIPAA specifically?

Why do you need HIPAA compliance? Are you printing transactional documents that contain PHI or PII (personal health information or personally identifiable information)?

Do you need to train your employees in HIPAA because of that or do you need your entire organization audited by a third party stating that you are compliant?

Once you determine that, you can start by going to your state's department of health to find training and auditing partners.

I don't think there's any digital printing technology that is "HIPAA Certified".

My understanding is that HIPAA is more like a set of rules and recommendations to ensure that documents (patient's information) are secured. You need to find out a way to use the technology to achieve that.

Attachments

• hc_hipaa_Xerox_9-11-01.pdf
    328.1 KB · Views: 303
Face down delivery...... what a piece of work that is! Who was the genius that thought that was a bright idea?

Thanks, we were asked to indicate our HIPAA compliance, audit info with a bid request.
not ready to tackle it just yet, but trying to understand it better.
Thanks for the answers

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back