Holding master page settings when spreads turned off

Stuart Design

When I take a 64-page Indesign CS2 document created with spreads (including using master page spreads) and do "a file save as" turning off facing pages, the left spread master page gets applied to all the pages. Even individually I cannot assign the right master spread to what used to be a right page in the document. I tried turning the "Allow to shuffle" on and off and it didn't help. I know it is probably easy but I have tried everything I can think of to no avail. Any ideas?

Retaining master items

Retaining master items

If you want recto pages to retain the right master page, you need to pull the pages apart in the pages pallet.

Click on the spread and then in the pull down menu choose allow the spread to shuffle. The page numbers of the spread will now have square brackets. Then click on the right page and drag it to the right until a solid bar appears to the right of the page you are dragging. Let go (unclick) and the page will fall down and the spread will be separated. Each side will keep it's master pages.

If you want to change the document to non facing pages, then you will need to make separate single master pages for the right and the left, and then apply the new right master page to all the odd pages.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back