Horizon book binder

snydawg

Anyone out there familiar with a Horizon BQ-460, Thinking about purchasing a used one and would like to hear any Pros and Cons about this particular Model

Last edited:
Anyone out there familiar with a Horizon BQ-460, Thinking about purchasing a used one and would like to hear any Pros and Cons about this particular Model

While we don't have the BQ-460, we do have the BQ-140 and aside from a few hiccups it has been an absolute workhorse.

Thanks, This is our first Binder so I am not familiar with the BQ-140 Is the set up on that semi manual? If so do you have trouble getting the cover feeder to feed correctly without alot of tinkering.

Thanks, This is our first Binder so I am not familiar with the BQ-140 Is the set up on that semi manual? If so do you have trouble getting the cover feeder to feed correctly without alot of tinkering.

Yes, it is semi-manual in that you place in the guts, clamp them in, press a button, place the cover in, press another button, then remove the finished book.

The cover doesn't feed in automatically (placed in one at a time), so I can't help you there.

I have a BQ 270 currently. I'm thinking of getting an additional BQ470. Can the parts of these 2 models inter-changable?

The BQ-270 and BQ-470 are different technology platforms (single clamp versus four clamp) so you'll find few interchangeable parts...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back