How Automated is your Nexus ?!

t_br

We are a small print company using NEXUS BASIC RIP with the RASTER TRAP.
Believe or not we still using FILM with the old AGFA Work-horses. Outputting films for SILK-SCREEN and Water Based PHOTOPOLYMER PLATES (at 65lpi Max.) running on Heidelberg Windmill Letter-press and Dry offset Web-presses. Mostly SPOT Colors and eventually some CMYK work on WEB-Presses always on Uncoated Media. Always! We also have an In-house art department that creates PDF's proofs on our templates as needed.(mutch better working with designers in house this way we can go there and SNAP them when they create something impossible to reproduce). Lol!

HOW AUTOMATED NEXUS can be?
Just to know before I even start on something and regret it.

Do's and Dont's
Pros and Cons.

(I know that the NEXUS PDF is much better, but right now there's no way of investing new upgrades).

Currently we have 2 iMacs (10.6.3 Leopard) running NEXUS MANAGER on WIN 2003 Server. Proofing on an Epson 4880 and Outputing Film on an AGFA imagesetter.

Thanks

How Automated is your Nexus ?!

Been a while since I used Nexus but let see.

Could automate an email response to your scheduling department once film has been made.

Could have it save out a low res raster pdf for a customer-if low res raster pdf is ok.

Depending how your workflow is set up-have all the raster files (LW CT) sent back to the server for archiving. Depends on naming conventions.

Use Nexml to simplify the number of hot folders and queues.

Been about 3 years since I touched Nexus and some things may have changed....

I would recommend asking Karl or Byron over at Esko and see what they say.

mark

Thanks for the input Marko.
I'll be definitely looking into your suggestions and hunt this guys at Esko for more info.

Thank you

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back