how converting RGB to CMYK with text as 100% Black

G

Hi guys
I have a question that, how converting RGB to CMYK with text as 100% Black in photoshop?
I think if I can make a script in Photoshop or something like that I can do it
But I dont know anything to make a script

i think a script like this (sorry I dont know anything about make script )

if R= 0 G=0 B=0
convert it to 100% black

what do you think ? it will work ? anybody can make a script ?

Last edited:
I think that you meant R=0 G=0 B=0

Can you attach a sample or provide a download link? Is the text as in a text layer, or is it rasterized (pixel) “text”? Is there any gray content that needs to be K only or is this truly only solid RGB black?

I prefer PDF, Acrobat Pro and PitStop Pro when it comes to clean colour conversions.

Stephen Marsh

Thank you Stephen Marsh and yes I meant R=0 G=0 B=0
my customer sent me a book (144 pages) for print but all of them are RGB and Tiff, she scan them. there are on the page some texts and pictures. The text are R=30 G=30 B=30.I think if I can make a script I will do it very soon to black 100%, but unfortunately I dont know anything to make script
On pitstop pro how I can do it ?

Last edited:
All you need is to record an action, then run the action in batch mode (file/automate/batch) to a folder containing a copy of the images. A script is not needed.

You will probably need to test on a few random representative pages to see if a single action will work. The trick is to darken the text without overly affecting the images.

Chances are you will also have to clean up the backgrounds which are probably not pure white?

The next thing is that you will need to separate the text to K only.

Is this for traditional four colour press output or digital print?

Stephen Marsh

I uploaded a page
I am looking a way to convert it to cmyk black 100% as soon as I can....( like a action in Photoshop or script ) ... but not manually by color range in Photoshop ...because my customers send me a lot of book like that but most of time I don't accept them
I want to print the book by offset printing
Pages from Offset.jpg

If the files are jpeg, then you can't just write a script to convert only the black to a value. A jpeg file will require that any kind of color manipulation be done manually, unless it is global.

Of course there is some crazy software out there, so maybe someone has a solution.

hassan,

Do you know how to apply Maximum GCR to a Photoshop file.? If so, I would be curious to know if that would be acceptable, color wise that is, to you with these type of RGB supplied tiffs.

-Erik

ok, look here:

1. using PS (edit - color settings - working spaces/custom cmyk)
create two profiles with light black generation and maximum

2. open picture, convert it to your native CMYK profile

3. assign "light", convert to maximum

4. make a trap (image - trap - 1 pixel)

6. assign original profile

6. save file :)

---
from Russia with love )

it is very good thanks again
I am happy to learned it
but if I have a picture on the page what I do ?? can you teach me more ?

I think that you meant R=0 G=0 B=0

Can you attach a sample or provide a download link? Is the text as in a text layer, or is it rasterized (pixel) “text”? Is there any gray content that needs to be K only or is this truly only solid RGB black?

I prefer PDF, Acrobat Pro and PitStop Pro when it comes to clean colour conversions.

Stephen Marsh
can you teach me how you do it by pitstop please ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back