How do you deal with stress?

So when I want to decompress I hit the gun range with my trusty .45, two boxes of ammo and a silhouette target. Once I'm out of ammo and I want a real treat then it's off to enjoy a good single malt and let the rest melt away.

I think that the combination of "compression" (stress) and guns it is not a good one!

I guess I agree with Matt on that one. I just roll with it. You do what you can, be good to people, and go on to the next challange. If you know you are doing the best you possibly can, you have nothing to proove to anyone.

I guess I agree with Matt on that one. I just roll with it. You do what you can, be good to people, and go on to the next challange. If you know you are doing the best you possibly can, you have nothing to proove to anyone.

Great reply.

I think that the combination of "compression" (stress) and guns it is not a good one!

Well... If it were Scotch then guns I would tend to agree. But since it's guns then Scotch I'll disagree. If you're shooting a pistol, or any weapon, you have to focus on safety first, then the target. Shooting a pistol at 40 plus feet takes a fair amount of concentration and focus. You have to put everything out of your mind, breathe, relax and let stress go. Only then do you pull the trigger. Once you've learned to do that the skill is applicable anywhere in your life.

Stress shooting is a completely different mindset. You have to compartmentalize everything but what you are shooting at. Or God forbid who's shooting at you. And if you've ever had anyone shoot at you like I have you tend to learn to keep focused on the immediate. It's amazing how a real crisis will force you to really focus. Hopefully I'll never be in a situation like that again. Talk about stress... Come on... What's more stressful than being intentionally shot at? And yes, I do shoot back...

Life can be stressful and at times you'll have to take steps to deal with ongoing stress in a positive way. Stress can have a variety of causes such as family problems, job problems, financial difficulties, poor health, mechanical breakdowns, false expectations or even the death of someone close to you. It is important to recognize the causes (some stress is natural) and, if possible, take steps to deal with the root of the problem or ask for help from friends and, in severe cases, professionals. below method is my way of dealing with stress:
1,Stop! Take a deep breath and realize that you have power to control your life
2,Say something positive to yourself as soon as you wake up.
3,Listen to music
4,Visualize positive things; this does not take long but can help you regain focus
5,Stop worrying about what you cannot change
6,Treat your body right - You will have more self-confidence and energy, and be less likely to experience the physical side effects of stress
7,Learn to say no; you cannot do everything you are asked.
8,Communicate your emotions this can improve the situation by informing others you need help
9,Learn to meditate and let the stress go
10,Take a bath this will give you private time and relax the body.

for most part i agree with Criminy said. i prefer to go to a very peaceful place, listening to music and sleep for a whilce. sometimes call my friends to say any other topics.

do the best to your ability for 8 hours ... try and learn something new and punch your card .....then fire up the BBQ..... i like watch my aquarium as a stress reliever

Stress breeds inefficiency when it comes to work. So I have a few pointers:

1) Leave the stress related to work at work
2) Do your job to the best of your ability
3) Learn to laugh at stupid management comments
4) Learn to listen, but then forget it all and do it the right way
5) Drink liquor. Lots of liquor.

These simple tips will help you overcome any stressful situation for years to come.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back