How do you deliver plates to the pressroom?

prepressdork

Hi everyone,

I am looking for simple ideas on how to deliver plates to the pressroom other than carrying them by hand. By simple I mean, maybe a cart of some kind? NOT looking for any kind of automation.

Thank you,
pd

Sure
Its pretty easy to have custom made to your exact size and needs just simple metal fab.

Attachments

• Plate Cart.jpg
    Plate Cart.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13,777
Thank you for sharing. I love this idea! Unfortunately, in looking at our plates, the punches in our platesetter do not include any actual holes :(

pd

May not be the most genius idea, but I save the boxes that the plates come in. Put each job in one of those and bring them out. We use DOP (Develop on Press) plates, so the boxes help with keeping them out of the light until the press is ready for them.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for simple ideas on how to deliver plates to the pressroom other than carrying them by hand. By simple I mean, maybe a cart of some kind? NOT looking for any kind of automation.

Thank you,
pd
We use the trolley from an old stacker and a couple of benches on wheels with the plates flat in the original boxes

Hi everyone,

Thank you,
pd
We place all plates on a Shelf Truck that can be rolled into the print room to be punched and bent.

Attachments

• Durham Shelf Truck.png
    Durham Shelf Truck.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 23

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back