How often do you have to stop and clean your blanket?

mazengh

I know it depends on the job and how much powder is required. I am interested to know the frequency, the reasons, and what can be done to lessen the stops...

Last edited:
Well it depends of so many factors in the printing like quality of cardboard,quality of blankets,inks,types of offset printing so it is really hard to tell the definition.

very interesting article... something to try for sure.... i wish there was more info on the filter types... and where they got installed.

I run a waterless DI press, on a glossy art paper style job, I would expect to get at least 5-7k before a blanket clean is needed, I can push it further, maybe 10k if it's not a mega quality job. I use IR drying and very low powder. On uncoated stocks, it's generally less due to paper fibre etc.

I would be slightly concerned about 2k blanket washings but I have done so, 1k was done before on a tough job.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back