How to access inks in Epson 9900

wonderings

I have an Epson 9900 at home for personal use. Left over equipment from our family business when we merged with another company. I was going to use some aftermarket inks to keep the price down as it really just makes posters and cards for nephews and nieces and family prints every now and then. When I used this aftermarket ink it failed trying to initialize or whatever it does as soon as you load the new ink. Now I have an error message. I google the message and it has to do with pressurization. I am hoping it is the ink itself that is causing the problem but I can't open it the normal way as the boot up menu does not get to the normal menu. How do I manually open the section where the ink cartridges are loaded?

Thanks!

You can wedge it open by getting a putty knife in the top of ink door and pushing down and out. just be careful.

You can wedge it open by getting a putty knife in the top of ink door and pushing down and out. just be careful.
That was going to be my attempt if I did not get any other options. I thought there must be something to get in there easily if the machine is powered down but could not find anything.

You can also try a needle or long pin in the hole in the door. It doesn't take much to get the door open.
Sounds like the issue is with the new cartridge. I had the same issue last month with an aftermarket cartridge. Depending on where you buy your ink, they may offer to replace it for you. I'm building up a backup supply of OEM cartridges for when this happens again with the knockoffs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back