How to add page number in preps 5.3

K

kala

Need to take a proof for 184 pages ; already paginated thro preps and need to add page numbers outside cutting area in preps.. Need to show the proof to customer artwork doesnt have page number (even job ther is no need for page numbers)

Can anyone suggest how to add pagenumbers outside or inside the pages..

regards
kala

Adding page numbers

Adding page numbers

When we have a file for impostion that dosnt have folios we either add them with Pitsop actions "add Page number" global action or in Indesign on the master page. Just place the page number 1/8 below the trim (depending on your gutter) and open up the bleed box. Its MUCH less time consuming then adding Variable text.
There was a script for macs floating around many years ago. Good luck finding it now though...

I found this on Kodak's site. Never used it so I can't vouch for it.

Attachments

• FolioNumbers.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 237
I found this on Kodak's site. Never used it so I can't vouch for it.

I just tried that script in Preps 5.3, and previewed the job. It works great! It does show the page numbers, just outside the bleed. For jobs that dont have page numbers, this should help alot when folding up the proofs and the final printed piece.

-Sev

Hi Sev

Just tell us the procedure where to paste those ppd and script file...

And let me know steps how to view the page number or add the page number outside the bleed.. Hope its a pc veersion preps 5.3

regards
kala

Hi Sev

And let me know steps how to view the page number or add the page number outside the bleed.. Hope its a pc veersion preps 5.3

regards
kala

I didnt do any thing with the PPD yet, but you place the scripts into the scripts folder in your main Preps folder in the Applicatioins folder. Then once you open up the file that you want to place the page number in, click on the Scripts icon on the menu bar at the top. The scripts icon is to the left of the Help button on the menu bar. Then when you go to preview the job, you will see the page numbers in the actual job, just out side of the bleed area. Hope this helps.

-Sev

Hi Sev

regards
kala

Sorry, I didnt notice that you said PC. I doubt it will work on a pc version. I will try it later on my pc version of Preps which I have on my home pc.

-Sev

If your preps is set up on the prinergy server then you are half way there.
You probably run prinergy seperate from preps. However if you have it set up to launch within prinergy then it already resides on a pc.

When you launch Preps 5.3 you should be doing it through Prinergy. Instead of just clicking on Preps on a mac. I think it is up top on the Prinergy menuthat says configure Imposition Plrogram or Launch Imposition Program. Its been a while.

I see the future of prepress manager gets stumped, so like everything else they google it. If and when they got no answer they go to one of the prepress forums, at this stage you may need someone to vpn in and work on the system. Of course this may cost money. End of story.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back