How to analyse two processing files in Offset Printing

ponnapati123

Recently we did trail for Ink Optimization software. We selected the images and we processed the images with two ink optimization softwares (one is GMG and one more ink optimization). Then we imposed two processed files into one layout for printing in 70*100 cm size. We inserted colour strip while preparing the layout. Then we printed the job and we observed visually variation between two processed files. But my doubt is when we measured the colour strip in software, values are showing different, but we added the color strip while preparing the layout not before processing the file. So we should not consider the strip. But if we want to analyze the print what to do.

Recently we did trail for Ink Optimization software. We selected the images and we processed the images with two ink optimization softwares (one is GMG and one more ink optimization). Then we imposed two processed files into one layout for printing in 70*100 cm size. We inserted colour strip while preparing the layout. Then we printed the job and we observed visually variation between two processed files. But my doubt is when we measured the colour strip in software, values are showing different, but we added the color strip while preparing the layout not before processing the file. So we should not consider the strip. But if we want to analyze the print what to do.

This (long) posting on my blog explains how to test ink optimization software (read the intro and then you can scroll down to the how to test section).

http://the-print-guide.blogspot.ca/2009/04/gcr-reseparation-for-ink-savings-and.html

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back