How to Back up with Cockpit?

MxPrepress

Hi, hope someone help me.
I have two years with HB Prinect workflow, and never back up the jobs.
The HB gay told me the way to do it: In Cockpit under the job, doubleclick, export, and save the file as zip.
When i want to use the job again i have to import it form cockpit, and the documents and everything in the job will be avalaible again.
i never tried to do it before, till today but does not work!

How to export/import the jobs in Cockpit?????

Thanks in advance :eek:

I just save the "Signa" files
and all the involved PDFs (final trapped from the PDF pool)
in groups of 1000 jobs
in folders on an extra internal drive and on external drives.
When I re-run a job
I just pick up the "Signa" file and rename it to the new number
then
pick up the PDFs and rename them.
Place them in the appropriate folders for "Signa" to find them
and relink to the new PDFs when asked to.
I can generally send an old pickup job to plate
within 2 minutes (probably under a minute - if I had to).

MSD

Instead of double clicking, in job list select your job and right click on it.
In menu that shows up, choose "Export".
In following dialog choose location where you want zip file exported and that's it.
This will create zip archive of your entire job, including everything in it, so next time you have to reprint job, you just import it again and everything will be there.

I hope this helps.

It is very simple process and very effective, especially if you use dynamic marks as during the import you have chance to rename the job which will update the marks as well if they are dynamic, very handy feature.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 7.55.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-11-29 at 7.55.53 AM.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 206
Thanks, WharfRat, your way for backup the Signa Jobs and PDF produce too weight folders, but if no other way....I will to do it.

Thanks Zoran, exactly as you recommend I did. But when I import the zip file in Cockpit, and open the job, there arent documents in Prepres tab, No PDFs in pages tab, neither the Signa Job in their apropiatte folder, nothing happend except one job empty in Cockpit. Maybe i missed something.

You will have to forgive me for my very bad english, I insist in this
cause all of you give me so much help.

And if you wondering about why i dont asking to HB, I have to tell you
that in my country the HB service socks!

Mx - In case you haven't found a solution, here's how I back-up my Cockpit jobs.

The first thing you'll want to do is create a folder on the PrintReady server for your exported jobs. I named mine "Exported Jobs" but you can name it whatever you want to.

Then go to the Sequence Templates list and look for the "JobExport" sequence folder. Inside this folder, There should be a default template called "JobExport" - open this template. In the next window, make sure the "Add Document Files" option is checked. Then click the "Browse" button to navigate to the new Target Folder you created for your exported fobs. I have set my Maximum Size to 1000MB, by the way. Then click the "Save As" button to give your new template a name; i.e. Exported Jobs.

Once you have a created your new Template, you're ready to export your jobs.

1) In the Job List, right-mouse-click on the desired job and select "Stop". Once the job has a red light next to it.....

2) Right-mouse-click on the job and select "Export...". The next window shows the file name at the top. If you want to re-name the exported file, you can do it here.

3) In the middle of the window shows the JobExport Sequence folder with the list of Templates. Select the new Sequence Template you created and then click "OK".

Depending on the size of the job, it will take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to create the exported ZIP file in your new Exported Jobs folder.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks for you reply PrepressKD
The export template exist with the "Add Document Files" option checked.
Only havent the tarjet folder.
One question:
I should check the "Add High Resolution output files"?

Its works as you said
just the signa job havent restaured
This Job most to backup to separately?

Mx - I do not have the "Add High Resolution Output Files" option checked in the Template I created.

The Signa jobs might have to be backed-up separately depending on how your workflow is set up. In our workflow, all the Signa information is coded into the JDF file for each job so all aspects of the job are part of the exported ZIP file.

I'm not sure I understand you final question but it sounds like you are asking if each job needs to be exported separately....is that correct?

I prefer to export jobs one-at-a-time. I have had some problems when I try to export multiple jobs at the same time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back