How to calculate conventional plate making cost?

printPlant

Hi

I have bought a BasysPrint UV Setter, so it didn't install right now. Probably, it should require 1 week.

I am in printing market and needs to sell conventional plates but i have no idea that how to calculate the processing cost of plate.

Please give me the solution that i could calculate the cost then sell the exposed plates to my customer.

Warm regards
Alley

Last edited:
Daer Alley

I have been terrible BasysPrint experience,T-T.
Your choice is UV setter is good idea to low cost plate making. Firstly could you check plate making price from another and your price could be close them. Or you think about your plate price + UV setter price/ quantity plate making of year. Hope it can help you

Way

dear alley,
sorry, i got to late for reponse.i am a plate supplier in china.i have fully experience make plate.if you need know the processing cost of plate, the following Formula can calculate:
uv setter(T):total price(include developer,computer,air-jet etc.)
Equipment depreciation(D): five years*12month
the plate of cost(P):uv-Ctcp plate/thermal ctp
employee salary(S):6 persons
other(O):water charge,electric charge,Freight,rent etc

the processing cost of plate:T/D+P+S+O

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back