How to check the exposing bars of suprasetter?

Hi Everybody,
Recently,We got a 8-pages suprasetter.We have finished the exposing test,But I can not check and understand it.How to check it?why?what the theory is?the background is the line look like "w",The checkpoint is gravure dot.
Thanks,
Regards,

Hi

The really quick answer is that for an optimal process the middle triangle (or checkpoint) should blend in with the background. They are of different screens but have the same tonal value in the middle. The small dot screen is much more affected by production variances then the zigzag screen. Thus, the position of the blend-in triangle is able to "move" horizontally.

Request the document "CtP - Tools User's Guide" from Heidelberg.

Martin Weberg

Hi Martin,
Thanks for your favor,We had not the user guide,our machine is second-hand.Can you give me more information.

Noregret

Hi again,

Since you're using the strip, I guess you have licence for it (second-hand should make no difference). Evaluation of the other fields on the strip are quite self evident.

Try to contact Heidelberg.

Martin Weberg

What plate are you trying to set-up?

What plate are you trying to set-up?

The suprasetter has built in tests for setting exposure. They would be available through the CTP user interface. The plate manufacturer should suggest what density or dot you should be aiming for.

What model suprasetter is also important and how many laser modules it has. The modules need to be aligned and balanced for power. There is most likely more than one laser module in an 8-Up device. If not it would be very slow. Does theunit have a balancer for drum speed?

Please post more info.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back