How to extract 1 bit tiff from TF 3.1

There is!

There is!

The 1 bit tiffs are embedded in the Process Job ID folder. See screen shot attached. If you have your HF set to "cleanup" & "export" your Process Job ID's, you can save the 1 bit tiffs after you make plates. The cool thing is Trueflow generates the 1 bit tiffs for the entire job before the platesetter even asks for the first plate...so if you wanted to save the tiff without making any plates, you could steal them from: E:\TrueflowWork\procjob (just find the Process Job ID that TF has assigned to the specific job and "copy"). One thing you'll notice is the extensions on the files are not ".tif", but .K, .M, .C, .Y, .S1, .S2 etc. You can still view in Photoshop if you change the extension to ".tif". Good Luck!

Attachments

• 1 bit tiff.jpg
    1 bit tiff.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Thanks Chivajn for the reply. quite busy this days. Will try to extract files tomorrow.

In case you need this often you might want to consider the Dot TIFF option. Then you can output then just like composite TIFF or Ripped PDF.

I was quoted $10,000 just for that option to be turned on...no thanks. That is ridiculous! I save my Process Job IDs anyway, so it really isn't any extra trouble to drag my dot-tiffs into the shortcut I placed in the Mac's sidebar when I want to replate something. Don't get me wrong, I love Trueflow and maintain that it's the best workflow solution with unrivaled automation. I just think their pricing for Dot-Tiff output and Trap-Editor are absurd. It's like someone giving you the BEST automatic rifle, but charging you $50 for each bullet...you'll learn real quick how to make your own bullets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back