How to fold and glue business folders?

ScotJ

Hey Guys,

Forgive my ignorance- but I curious as to what type of machine can do automated folding and gluing on folders?

I'd imaged you die-cut and score them, but is there and automated way to fold them and glue? If so - what would this machine be called?

Thanks!

If you're speaking of pocket folders, aka..portfolios, we have a machine made by Moll. It's actually called a "Folder/Gluer". It looks much like a regular folder and takes pre-die cut folders.

The tabs are flipped and glue is applied as the body of the folder travels into the folding gate. The fold is made on the top of the pocket so when it comes out you have a glued, open pocket folder. We have the attachment to close them, but we never use it for lack of space to set it up.

Here's a picture:

moll.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back